CHENNAI RENEWABLE ENERGY EXPO
We are glad to announce that the Second Edition of RENEWABLE ENERGY EXPO will be held on 21st, 22nd & 23rd February 2019 at Chennai Trade Centre, Nandambakkam, Chennai. Organised by Renewable Energy Expo Team, a division of WT, the scope of exhibition is to stimulate the growth of renewable in the region through collaboration of technology and product sharing. This event will be bringing together businesses, sustainable energy industry trade associations, government agencies, and energy policy research organizations to showcase the status and potential of the cross-section of renewable energy (bio fuels/biomass, geothermal, solar, wind) and energy efficiency technologies. The expo is proclaimed at the right time when there is a paradigm shift in the global trend towards massive deployment of solar power and other renewable along with investments worth billions of dollars in technology and green energy.
- Solar Energy Technology & Components
- Photovoltaic Technology Conversion
- Solar Thermal Applications
- Solar and Low Energy Architecture
- Biogas & Biomass
- Wind Energy Technology & Components
- Hydro Power
- Operation & Maintenance
- Electrical Energy Storages
- With the increased support of government and improved economics, the sector has become attractive from investors perspective and India ranked second in Renewable Energy Attractive Index 2017. As India looks to meet its energy demand on its own, which is expected to reach 15,820 TWh by 2040, renewable energy is set to play an important role.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has set an ambitious target to set up renewable energy capacities to the tune of 175 GW by 2022 of which about 100 GW is planned for solar, 60 for wind and other for hydro, bio among other. India will need investments of around US$ 125 billion to reach this target.
- It is expected that by the year 2040, around 49% of the total electricity will be generated by the renewable energy, as more efficient batteries will be used to store electricity which will further cut the solar energy cost by 66% as compared to the current cost.
- Biogas offers an excellent alternative energy source for rural India. It has the potentials to cater to the needs for cooking and basic fuel. Rural areas are in a better position to utlilise local resources like organic and cattle waste for the generation of biogas. The prospect for biogas energy in India looks promising from both, investor and service provider point of view.
||21st, 22nd & 23rd February 2019
- Thursday (10.00 am – 6.00 pm)
- Friday (10.00 am – 6.00 pm)
- Saturday (10.00 am – 6.00 pm)
||Chennai Trade Centre, Chennai, Nandambakkam, Chennai